About Me

My photo
I love finding new worlds through writing and reading. I am excited by creating new flavours and tastes in the kitchen. I am fascinated by nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices. I adore my my dog, family and friends.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Glimpse into breakfast delights

*I published this on Sunday 24th March, but just accidently pressed publish, so it has zoomed up to March 26th! Sorry, my bad!!


I woke up this morning inspired, and hungry for pancakes!! What transpired where more like hot porridge cakes, and were delicious! To top it off, they are nutritional and guilt free! What could be better?!

To make these gluten free, dairy free, egg free, fructose friendly breakfast hot cakes, this is what I did!

Mash one banana into a puree. Add a few dashes of cinnamon, a teaspoon of rice syrup, four tablespoons of cooked quiona and mix it til well combined. Fold in some fresh blueberries.

The mixture at this stage is quite wet. Slowly add in almond meal until you have a batter-like consistency.

Put a splash of coconut oil in a fry pan. When it is hot, add a spoonful of the mixture into the pan, and fry until brown on both sides. (They are difficult to flip, so take care!)

Eat warm, topped with rice syrup and raspberry puree*. Delicious!!

Enjoy. I recommend you choose a slightly cooler day than I did to make them!



*Raspberry puree: Combine 1.5-2 cups of frozen raspberries, 1-2 tablespoons of rice syrup, grated rind of one orange, the juice of one orange, and a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger in a pan. Cook until it is a puree.

No comments:

Post a Comment